Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's giving time again

Back in February I made our first loan via the Kiva web site to a group of women in Mali who were buying cloth to resell in local markets. The group has steadily been repaying the loan and I've almost been reimbursed the full $25 initial loan. With only a few dollars remaining on that original loan still owed to me I thought it would be a good time to start another loan. The idea would be to start a new loan when the previous wasn't quite done and eventually I'd have enough left over from each of the previous loans to be able to cover a second loan independently. That's the idea anyway.

Here's the group I've decided to loan to - the Las Mercedes Group. I chose a group with a shorter repayment schedule to speed up the process a little bit to hopefully get that second loan in play sooner.

Adding to the map from my first donation -
Country donated to: Mali, Paraguay

No comments: