Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

July in and around Washington is typically just plain nasty. Hot, humid, flash thunderstorms almost every day - just not a fun place usually. It is usually second only to August, and maybe the gates of hell, in terms of enjoyable weather. It also seems to be a pattern that the 4th is always nasty in one way or another, usually hot and humid. Today though? It is just beautiful out. Late morning getting out of bed, Belgian waffles for breakfast, Wifey making some seriously nasty peanut butter banana bread stuff (*gag* peanut butter and banana should never be put together for any reason!!!!), that everyone except me seems to love, in the kitchen and me enjoying my bestest father's day present ever....



Happy 4th everyone, I hope you're enjoying your day.

4 comments:

Trillian42 said...

DUDE! Warn us before you post a picture of your pasty legs. :D

And yeah - I'm concerned by how lovely the weather is today. This is Not Normal.

Kris said...

Hey now... peanut butter, banana and honey sandwiches. You haven't lived until you've eaten one. Most of the honey ends up everywhere but in the sandwich, but they're GOOD.

Also, not that I'm complaining, but the weather WAS unusually good.

Corinne said...

Yeah, AMAZINGLY FANTASTIC weather for us this July. Wahoo for that :) Glad you guys had fun - I heard Red was a hoot!

Hyon said...

All I have to say is:

Elvis cake