Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A double dose of huh?

I love the TV "variety" shows that have been on the last few years. So You Think You Can Dance, America's Got Talent, I even watched Idol for a while a few years ago. You know you love 'em too so stop snickering.

But this? They laughed and voted this "through to the next round???"



I just don't get it.

Second, I think everyone knows I am a Yankees fan. And I take a LOT of crap about it from my friends. I don't think it's fair to hate the Yankees though. We Yankee fans went through many years of garbage teams (think the 80's and early 90's) to get back on top. Then we spent a ton to stay there, just like the Red Sox are doing, and all other teams are trying to do, now. Haters....

But sometimes I just don't understand the marketing aspect of the business. I know it costs a ridiculous amount of money to buy a decent left-handed pitcher but I thought they made all of that back by way of the $8 beers and $1,200 tickets. Then I see this...



Yes folks, it is a brick. A $200 brick in fact. Said brick happened to live in a little place called Momument Park for 85 years, but it is still just a brick. What kind of hopped-up moron would pay $200 for a brick?

I want a brick.

3 comments:

morninglight mama said...

I wish I could get you a brick, dear. Could we just pretend that one of the ton of bricks we have out back is one of those?? :)

Trillian42 said...

Uh, you DO realize that it's not the Yankees we bust on, right? It's you. If you were rooting for any other team, we'd still bust on you.

But it's done in love, I swear!

Uncle Big Steve said...

I can refrain from busting on you for being a Yankees fan (2.5 games back by the way) if you're just going to whine about it.

But I will not refrain from busting on you for watching American Idol and those other shows. I think I've watched a grand total of 10 minutes combined of all of them. And I mourn those minutes of my life I'll never get back.