Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sending some help to the Philippines

It's Kiva time again and I thought it would be nice to spread some of the help to the land of my bigger girls ancestors - the Philippines. I found this woman raising pigs, she only needed a little bit more money and hey - who hasn't wanted to help out a pig farmer?

Introducing... Elisa Labordo - from Sto NiƱo, South Cotabato, Philippines. She's almost to her goal, maybe someone here can click over and give her a few bucks? Or, if she's already met her goal by the time you get there please consider giving to someone else. The Kiva experience has been fantastic. They take care of everything, send you updates when parts of your loan get paid back, and let you know when it's time to find a new worthy person looking to make their life better. It's a no brainer to be sure.

Continuing with the mapping of my loans, so far I've donated to folks in Mali, Paraguay and the Philippines

No comments: