Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Huh? of the day Take II

This? This is not for the faint of heart. This is not for people of weak constitutions or folks who are a bit squeamish about, shall we say, more adult topics. And, it is just down right unexpected.

Wifey and I are sitting on the couch watching the Yankees-Twins playoff game when A-Rod came up to bat. She asked me - "did he just get someone pregnant?" I'm not too interested in keeping track of page 6 type gossip so I had no idea what she was talking about. Well, what do you do when you need an answer? Google of course! She starts to type in her search query - "first time A Rod in October" because she knew someone on TV had made the joke about this being the first time A-Rod produced anything in October. Even though I'm a Yanks fan I thought that was pretty funny. In fact, in his first at bat tonight, with Jeter on second, he flied out to end the first inning. GET A HIT MORON! His glove is amazing but dude needs to find the gap! No pun intended.

Sorry, digressing. So Wifey is typing in her search string and Google, being its ever-helpful self, starts giving her suggestions based on what she's typing. This is where the squeamish part comes into play...

As she types in "first time a ", and you need to make sure that last space is in there, the first very helpful hint Google fed back was... let's just say a little more off-color than she was prepared for.

Witness...



Um, yeah. We're not sure what to think about that either. And no, I didn't click on that link.

-------------------------

Oh, and as an update - as I finish this post (it has taken a while - I'm watching the game at the same time) A-Rod just struck out with Teixeira on first right after Jeter homered. COMMON!!!!! He's now 0-29 with runners on base in the post season.

4 comments:

Uncle Big Steve said...

Not to disparage your wife or anything but when I typed in "first time a" into Google, I got first time apartment renters as a suggestion.

Not sure what your lovely wife does while you're at work but...

Now to go do this on MY wife's computer.

Trillian42 said...

Yup - I get the same thing as Hugeness. I think one of you has a little 'splaining to do!

morninglight mama said...

Come on, guys-- you have to read carefully!! Type in "first time a "-- include that space after the a. Hubby was very detail oriented in his explaining!!

I am NOT a perv!!

:)

M said...

Don't worry friend, I got the same suggestions as you and I'm not a perv either :-)