Saturday, March 7, 2009

This week's sign---

Yes folks, the apocalypse is upon us. No, I'm not talking about Rush Limbaugh's inane comments from this week. As if we needed more proof, all we need to do is simply look outside.

Witness - this is how we started this week...

| |

20 degree weather, 7 or 8 inches of snow, a veritable winter wonderland.

Today?


|


It is almost 70 outside and the kids were absolutely tickled to be able to just enjoy the back patio once again. I'm not sure they were ready for it though, it only lasted about 20 minutes until they were all back inside. I guess it'll take baby steps to get them used to that thing called "outside" again.

--------------

On a wholly unrelated note, we're all looking forward to making the trip up to PA to see our friend Orange's family. There has been much said about the result of putting Red in the same room as their K. If this doesn't bring on the aforementioned apocalypse I'm not sure what will...

1 comment:

Trillian42 said...

You know, I was bummed that we weren't able to go up for the party. And then I realized that Chez Orange was going to be freaking GROUND ZERO this weekend. ;) Hope it was fun.

And yes - I've gone from hiding indoors on Monday to running around in a tshirt with no jacket today.