Thursday, September 10, 2009

So much for Twinkle Twinkle I guess

Typically, when I put Pudge to bed our time includes a few songs after we've read our story and the lights are out. We usually go through the old standards - Row, Row, Row Your Boat, The ABC's Song, All Around the Mulberry Bush, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star... you know, the songs adults usually sing to children. Tonight was a little bit different apparently. Tonight I snuggled in with Red while Wifey had the joy of putting Pudge down. As I walked out of Red's room I heard the usual singing coming out of Pudge's room but I was amused by the choice of tune. I think this might be the first time I've ever heard a song about a bank robbery being sung to a 22 month old. But, when you marry a woman who would much rather be married to a bare naked lady, what do you expect?

2 comments:

morninglight mama said...

Oh, c'mon man. You're airing my crazy laundry out for the whole blogosphere like this??

(Did you hear the grand finale of What a Good Boy, too?)

morninglight mama said...

And, I forgot-- doesn't this at least sound lullaby-ish in the sound of the song, if not the lyrics? (Yes, there's the line, "We all had our ski masks and sawed-off shotguns," but the tune is great, right???)