Monday, April 27, 2009

The weekend #3

I can't believe we had enough that went on this weekend to make enough for three posts. And to be honest, there doesn't seem to be an end in sight, what with so much left to do on the house and Red's third birthday coming up in two weeks with a bunch of people coming over for a shindig. Last post, I promise. But, as always, this space is for me right? So I'll just post what ever the heck I please thank you very much! :) Not like the three of you who bother to read this have lasted this long anyway.


For the past two years, things have been a bit hectic around here during the spring. In the spring of 2007 and 2008 I was going through a job search, the second time without a job to fall back on, so the flower planting usually got bumped in favor of something else. Like I said though, I made it a point to get the flowers in the ground before June this year and I'm glad I did.

| - Wifey and Red did a great job getting the baskets and pots looking fantastic while I was busy cutting the molding.

- The clematis I planted last year are coming back with a vengeance!

| - Nice clean flower beds.

| | - I put the impatiens in and among the spent crocus and daffodils so they would grow while letting the old bulbs recharge for next year. I snipped the leaves of the tulips last year and they were a huge disappointment this year. The leaves came up but no flowers! I learned my lesson, let the leaves stay and plant other things in between.


If you're from around these parts hopefully you were able to enjoy the weather as much as we did. I was so sad a week ago, as it was cold and pouring outside, when I was looking through pictures from a year ago and saw JAM and his friends outside on a day so warm that they were playing in the sprinkler. The weather definitely took a turn for the better as once again JAM was able to hook up the hose and run around with his friend from next door.

| | |


Finally, I've got to post these. No, they weren't from this weekend, but again - this is my space - my rules. Check out my little future high-maintenance baby girl - all blinged out. Should that be blung? Anyhow, she's having so much fun in these pics, I just had to share.

| | | | |


.

No comments: