Saturday, January 12, 2008

I couldn't have said it better myself...

In a previous post I discussed some of the reasons why I wasn't in the classroom anymore. One of the reasons I mentioned was the (for lack of a better word) horrible behavior of some students in and out of the classroom. I discussed the culture found in the hallway and the inability of the school administration to get a handle on it.

In this week's Greenbelt Gazette there was a commentary written by a former teacher who is currently working as a retire-rehire substitute at a high school a stone's throw from my house. In his commentary Mr. Fox does a phenomenal job speaking for all of us old classroom teachers who had students disregard everything we were trying to do for them. I would recommend it to everyone who has ever been in, wants to be in, or considers themselves worthy of speaking about public-school education.

See the article at http://www.gazette.net/stories/011008/princol132359_32358.shtml

No comments: