Friday, December 25, 2009

Didn't know hurricanes could come inside

The presents were all unwrapped by 9am. The Lego sets have been built. The animals and books and Little People sets and paint supplies and cool new homemade Lego table have been ooh'ed and aah'ed over. We were even able to squeeze in a little breakfast of their favorite cereals (which Daddy gave them all for presents :) ) and playtime has now begun. Of course we've got some pics and vids to share. Merry Christmas to all!

Wifey's family had a tradition growing up - you get to open one present on Christmas eve. We thought it would be nice for the kids to open the presents Mem and Pepe sent and I wanted to document the fun for them to see...



We had to get the kids to model those wonderful homemade scarves and hats. I'm putting up two different pics because of the inevitable 2/3 factor. You know - when you have 3 kids in a picture it is inevitable that at best only two of them will ever look good. I'll leave it to you to figure out who's who...
|

- Putting up the stockings, getting ready for Santa's visit.
- The stockings all filled up sitting on top of the new Lego table I built.

- I put this at the top of the stairs in hopes of getting the kids to not go downstairs without us in the morning. It kind of backfired during the night though - Wifey and I heard Red crying and when she went out to find out what the problem was Red was at the top of the stairs crying. When Wifey asked why she was crying Red said she had to go to the bathroom. Her reason for not just going downstairs to go? Yeah, my dumb idea of putting the easel there. Poor kid. But how about my little three year old getting up on her own in the middle of the night to pee and then seeing that I put the easel there and knowing she shouldn't go downstairs? See? I see the bright side of things.

- This is what the kids thought of my idea in the morning. I don't think they were very happy at having to wait. :)

- JAM happy with his Clone Wars stuff.

- Pudge didn't like his cereal at all. Nope.

Some general opening pics -
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Forget the shirts, this is the coolest present I ever got Wifey. Check out her new sock monkey footie PJs.
| |
|

Pudge fell in love with his big gift - a Little People carnival set. Little guy even carried it around the room for a bit, and that box was not light.
|
|

Some Lego adoration was had by all.
| |

Well documented path of destruction -
| |

By lunch time JAM had all three Lego sets already built
| |

Pudge playing with the Little People set -
| |

- Red looking good in her new hair ties.


That's it for now. I'm sure a ton more will be coming in the next few days but I'm exhausted and Wifey is busting her butt cleaning this place up so I'd better get off mine and help. AND, I've got dinner to cook. Why the hell I said I'd do that alone I have no idea. :)

1 comment:

Trillian42 said...

Footie pj's? GROWNUP SIZE footie pj's? Damn, I am seriously jealous!