Thursday, April 17, 2008

Yanks vs. Sox

I'm a Yankee fan. Have been since I could remember, like the late 80's early 90's. Remember the Yanks during that time? 1989, 74-87... 1990, 67-95... 1991, 71-91... Yeah, they weren't all that good. The last 10 years or so have been a lot more fun. Now, we have a new stadium to look forward to. Walking in to the old Stadium is almost a magical experience and if you have never done it I would recommend it highly. I took JAM on a pilgrimage in the fall of 2006 to see his first game there. I hope it won't be his last.

But, if you want to see a game there you'd better hurry, time is running out. And, tickets are being snatched up by J-A's looking to make some money on other people in the same boat as I am - wanting to watch one final game and having to try and find overly expensive tickets from scalpers. F'ers. I'm trying to plan a trip up there in June and I can't seem to get enough tickets for everyone who wants to go. Gotta find a way...

Anyway, if you've paid attention to the sports news lately you should have heard about the moron Red Sox fan who put the Otriz jersey in the concrete of the stadium. I hate Sox fans, sorry Drew. They take things way to seriously. Too many years of losing to the Yanks I would guess. This article was really funny and put a nice touch on the whole thing.

Yankees Bury Bernie Williams Under New Stadium For Good Luck

If this whole situation is any indication, it's going to be a long year.

Go Yanks!

No comments: