Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sometimes the best laid plans

It was all planned out. Wifey was going to kidnap Red for a girls day out down in DC with her friend and her daughter at the Natural History Museum. I was going to grab the boys and borrow the DaB's bike and trailer again and we were going to head up to BWI airport and ride around the perimeter trail there. We've done it a few times before, but it had been a while (2005) and I thought both JAM and Pudge would have fun with it. There's a nice little playground at the jumping off point and some 7-11's along the way for drinks. Lots of planes coming and going and some cool views of the airport from the north side. We packed a lunch, and I was taking JAM's bike out of the shed, and this happened...



Yup, the weather dude yesterday said no rain until the afternoon, then this is what we see in the morning. Nice huh? I hate weather people. 80's and blue sky? Maybe... or it could snow. They don't have any idea.

So after Wifey and Red were safely dropped off at the Metro us boys came back to the homestead and did what all red blooded American males will do when presented with hours of unplanned time...

We built Thomas train tracks of course!

JAM and I teamed up and built this great track for Pudge, who immediately ignored it. Oh well, at least we had fun building it!



**Update**

I was a little sad thinking that it wasn't going to keep raining and I had cancelled our bike trip needlessly. I thought that after looking at the radar image above. Notice that big blank area after the line of rain? I was worried that the rain had come and gone and we were going to be stuck in the house when we didn't have to be.

I was worried. Then this happened...



It was a good choice to stay home. JAM, Pudge, and I went out and sat on the front porch for a few minutes during the heavy downpour and they had fun sticking their hands out into the rain and spashing each other, themselves, me. If it's going to rain you might as well enjoy it right?

Happy rain day everyone! Wishing I lived in San Diego....

1 comment:

morninglight mama said...

I'm so glad that you guys made the best of it for Boys Day!