Friday, May 1, 2009

Another pang of regret

Even though I made the move from education to a slightly more corporate culture, I still like to keep in touch with what is going on in both education and ed-tech circles. In addition to the normal news reporting and the Washington Post articles I read, there are a few blogs I keep up on in order to do that. One of them is David Warlick's blog, 2¢ worth. As I was reading his post from yesterday I got to thinking about my start at UMCP, my years teaching, my years working with and training both preservice and in service teachers, my masters work in instructional technology, and how much I really do miss using those skills.

I commented to his post that I was still so sad that UMCP had not made the jump into the 1990's and still only offered a single technology course for their undergrads. How sad. But, as I was thinking more and more about the topic, instructional technology, it brought back all those feelings like I had jumped ship. I still hope to go back one day, to find a new leadership position in a district somewhere (most likely not PGCPS where I was - I still hear more and more horror stories out of there). Although I am so happy where I am I still can't help but feel a little pang every now and then that I'm forsaking my calling a little bit.

No comments: