Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Who wouldn't want to go?

TED LogoI've posted a little bit about TED in the past but this year I took my dream of going a step further - I actually applied. If you aren't familiar, applying to TED is no small feat. The mere idea of applying to go to a conference is just the first clue that something is different - and this is a very different sort of event. I'm lucky enough to be surrounded by some of the smartest people on the planet each and every day. The work that we do is truly marvelous, groundbreaking, and of such importance that I can't imagine working anywhere else. The only problem is - as an organization we live inside a very well defined box. There is a certain way of doing everything, very conservative but with good reason. Change isn't always positive right? I'm absolutely loving my professional life but I can't help but feel like inspiration is something that we should always be on the lookout for.

Having the opportunity to attend TED would be a truly amazing experience. To immerse myself in that sea of intellect, to hear the stories of innovators and leaders, to be inspired by imaginations that I could only dream about... I eagerly await the response to my application. With all my fingers crossed. But in the meantime, I must be appeased by the thousands (?) of inspiring talks they've made available online and watch their trailer once in a while. Again, who wouldn't want to go?



No comments: