Sunday, September 21, 2008

End of an Era

I'm sitting on my couch tonight watching the end of an era. I take a lot of heat from my friends for being a Yankee fan. Well, let's be honest. I take a ton of crap from those losers. They are bitter and sad old people. SO THERE! hehehe


But, back to the message. I'm sitting here, next to a largely uninterested but nicely sympathetic Wifey, watching the last home game and really wondering why I didn't have the foresight to think of getting tickets for this game way back in February when they went on sale. All I was thinking of (dreaming about) was getting tickets for the All-Star Game. Yup, that didn't happen either. Dangit.


But, as I watch history in the making, I am just in awe of all the tributes and history they are sharing during the game. JAM got to stay up through the first inning so he got a taste of the night. It was great pointing out all the heroes, Reggie, Yogi, Whitey, too many to count. I don't care whether you are a Yankee fan or not, this was a great night.

No comments: